When I think ‘Jello Shots’ it’s definitely a cheesy college party (and crowd) that comes to mind. However, when I came across a video for making these pretty and sophisticated Champagne Jello Shots, I couldn’t help but think how fun they would be to make for a New Year’s Eve gathering.
As mentioned in my recent post, this year I’m taking a break from hosting our usual NYE house party, and instead will be ringing in the new year at the beautiful Colette Grand Cafe in Toronto. Although I won’t need to make these for guests at #CasaGC this year, these seem like such a fun treat to bring to a friend’s place where we’ll have dinner and drinks before heading out to the big party.
If you’re interested in trying these out too, here’s the Champagne Jello Shots recipe I got from Delish:
What You Need:
- 1 1/2 cup champagne (divided)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 envelopes gelatin
- 1/4 cup voka
- rainbow sprinkles (or I suggest edible gold flakes if you have them!)
What To Do:
- Combine 1 1/4 cups champagne, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin on top. Let gelatin soften for about two minutes to bloom, then heat mixture over low heat. Stir until gelatin has completely dissolved, about 2-3 minutes, and remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup each of champagne and vodka.
- Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into mold and chill for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Invert jello to parchment paper-lined cutting board and slice into squares. Dip each square in sprinkles and serve cold.
(all images via Delish)
Happy New Year and ENJOY!!