What would summer be without a good cold popsicle? Not the same, if you ask me. Since the fluorescent coloured kind found in most commercial stores tend to be filled with unnatural ingredients and spiked with obscene amounts of sugar, I always prefer to make my own healthier versions at home.
Thankfully, homemade popsicles are super easy to make, so long as you’ve got a popsicle mold to help you out. If you don’t one on hand, you can find them at most kitchen supply or home stores, as well as online.
When I started thinking about what kind of popsicles I’d want to make this summer, my avocado-obsessed brain naturally started to wonder if I could make a popsicle using Avocados from Mexico. The answer? Yes, yes I can.
Since green tea ice cream is one of my favourite flavours, I thought the vibrant colour and natural creaminess of avocados would be a great compliment to ingredients for a matcha popsicle. The result is a tasty and refreshing frozen treat with ingredients so healthy and good for you that you could totally eat these for breakfast on a hot sunny day without any guilt.
See below for how to make my Healthy Homemade Vegan Avocado Matcha Popsicles!
Healthy Homemade Vegan Avocado Matcha Popsicles
(Makes approximately 6-8 popsicles)
What You Need:
- 1 Can of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 TBSP Matcha Powder
- 2-3 TBSP Quality Maple Syrup
- 1 Ripe Avocado from Mexico
- 1 Ripe Banana
What To Do:
- Put all ingredients into a high-power blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Taste the mix and add more maple syrup or matcha to suit your taste
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle mold
- Place the caps on top or insert your popsicle sticks
- Put your popsicles in the freezer to set overnight or until frozen solid. You can run hot water over your mould to help remove the popsicles once frozen.
Serve and enjoy!
For more of my recipes made with Avocados from Mexico, click HERE.