May 2-4 long weekend is here and in my opinion any long weekend should be filled with good times and great food! If you’re looking for a fresh and easy cottage-friendly recipe, try this delicious Vegan Caprese Salad that’s made with yummy avocados (instead of cheese) and topped with crushed Salt & Pepper Wonderful Pistachios. Trust me, it’s one of my favourites to make because it’s super quick and easy and it tastes SO freaking good. It might be hard to believe but you really won’t miss the cheese in this dish at all. Here’s how to make my favourite vegan caprese salad!
Vegan Caprese Salad Recipe with Avocados and Pistachios
What You Need:
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 8-10 Salt & Pepper Wonderful Pistachios, Crushed
What To Do:
- On a cutting board or platter, layer your slices of avocado and tomatoes with the fresh basil leaves placed in-between.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Garnish with the crushed Salt & Pepper Wonderful Pistachios.
- Serve with slices of baguette or olive bread.