Although sweating it all out during a great workout is one of my favourite ways to get some “me time” in a day, I know that’s not the case for everyone. If you caught my recent post on the 10 things that help me stick to my workout and fitness goals, you’ll find that I recommend trying different classes, different gyms and different types of workouts to find something that you love. After all, going to workout shouldn’t feel like a punishment!
This week I received an email from a lovely reader who recalled meeting in person at a store opening I hosted a few years ago. She had noticed our mutual love for the talented Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health, and shared another Toronto gem (and event!) she thought I would be interested in: The Barreworks Toronto Open House!
Now, I’ve actually been a fan of Barreworks since it opened, and was attending classes weekly while I was on Classpass last summer. I hadn’t heard about the the open house Barreworks is hosting at the Queen Street location this Saturday, January 21st, and after looking over the event details, I knew it was too good not to share!
If you are looking for a new type of workout to whip your butt into shape while incorporating ballet and pilates, barre is definitely something to try! Plus, the studio, as you can see from the pictures, is absolutely stunning and personally I always find it uplifting to workout in a beautiful space filled with natural light.
So what can you expect at the Barreworks open house at their Queen Street location? See below for more info!
- Saturday, January 21st 2017 from 1-4pm
- Barreworks Queen Street [625 Queen Street West]
- FREE 30-minute, express barre & SPIN classes! Open to everyone, safe for all levels & ages 14+
- A Braid Bar(re) courtesy of Cabello by Carolina – get your hair braided for just $10 & rock your new ‘do for the rest of the day! Before class, or after, this lady is a hair superstar!
- Pop-up shops & vendor stations from some of our faves, including:
- Gold Apothecary – Handmade, local soaps & soaks will be available for purchase, as recently seen in The Globe & Mail!
- Saje Natural Wellness – Our go-to stop for head-clearing essential oils, remedies, & self-care magic!
- Kupfert & Kim – One of the city’s favourite stops for “wheatless, meatless” meals! Once to you taste their creations, there’s no turning back!
- The BarreFuel Project – Meet Sarah [our in-house Registered Holistic Nutritionist], ask all the questions & learn about her offerings!
- The Good Press – Because “everyone is a friend of The Good Press”! & because this little shop never fails to serve up delicious, healthy, get-your-soul-glowing goodness!
- Registration opens 7am Saturday, January 14th – mark your calendars!! Sign-up online as you normally would – click here or use the MindBody Connect App on your mobile device. They will ensure a few drop-in spots are available, so feel free to visit on a whim!
*Please note: limit of one free barre & one free spin class per client; Braid Bar(re) is cash only !